Thursday, February 18, 2010

Big day

So I am getting ready for bed, very BIG day tomorrow. I felt like I had to take a minute and recongnize it. I have to be at the hospital even earlier now, my surgery was pushed up. I will be leaving my house before six am. I know crazy, I am so not a morning person! I have spent more time today prepping for the surgeon, well surgery, than I have ever spent on getting ready for a date! I painted my toenails red today, an outward sign that my sexiness was not going to be lost by the removal of a womb or ovaries. Guess what, you cant wear nail polish into surgery. Guess I should have read my pre-op instructions a little better!

I spent the day running around like crazy, nervous energy was very high today and helped me accomplish much. I organzied my laundry room, did six loads of laundry, baked muffins, made 2 meatloafs plus dinner, and several other things. I also spent the day soaking up time with the kids. Caleb was cuddly and in want of me all day. I talked with Vanny for a long time about her favorite subjects, Mario, Luigi and Princess Peach. I posed for pictures for CC. And my sweet little Senny Sunshine could not let me go earlier. It was dreamy to hold my second grader on my lap and cuddle. She is very logistical and pragmatic, so of course she wanted to know what happens if surgery doesn't go well. Thanks Senny, just what I wanted to hear. But, I smiled as I searched for the right answer to give because this is my Senny, my realist. Gosh, she is so much like me. I didnt have a right answer, all I could say is that I trusted my doctor and I trusted that God was watching over us. Simplistic and honest answer and so now at 12:14 am I am going to go to bed believing that statement as well.

Well ok, I am going to bed as soon as I switch my sweats over to the dryer from the wash. It's sweats for me for a few days or weeks. Good thing I look great in sweats because for a girl worried about losing her sexyness sweats dont usually do much for the self-esteem!

I have great friends who have sent prayers and emails and love. My mom is here to care for Caleb tomorrow and the girls as well if school happens to be cancelled again. My dad drove down just to see me, well mostly his grandkids, but it's nice to be loved like that. My brothers have called, my sister has calmed my nerves and made me laugh a few times today. And Ja will be driving my crabby, sleepy, nervous butt to the hospital bright and early. I am hoping it is an easy wait for him, I know last surgical time it was not.
Thanks for all the well wishes everyone!

No comments: