Sunday, January 3, 2010

a week in review

My week in review:

Sunday:  miss church spend day in bed with stomach virus, well partially in bed and partially caring for vomitting eldest daughter, sick husband, and baby with respitary infection. 

Monday:  Feeling better, spend day doing laundry and finishing last minute shopping for my family Christmas/NYE celebration  (leaving Wed. morning)

Tuesday: go to doctor, find out I need a hysterectomy.  Spend day in shock and disbelief and sadness.  also try to pack for trip and not let on that anything is wrong to kids.  fail miserably, overpack and spend day tearfilled and anxious

Wednesday:  Spend morning at hubby's office with kids feeling intrusive and unprofessional.  well until I realize someone else brought a puppy to office, so we arent the only inturders.  head to Columbus and spend evening with siblings, parents, kids.  bake cake for Vanny, spend time with Cowboy Jason, Caleb learns to wave, spend day waving to Caleb attempting to get him to repeat waving.  Cry happy tears and have so much fun.  Play pictionary with kids, hilarious.

Thursday:  more time with family, husband joins the party,  celebrate NYE, start new medications that suck.  conceal meds from worry-prone kids,attempt to keep kids entertained upstairs so grownups can hang out downstairs, fail miserably, spend most of NYE avoiding football and chatting with Mar, go to bed promptly at 12:02 am.

Friday:  play WVu-opoly, lose, watch WVu bowl game- we lose, take brother to airport, comfort children, watch Rose Bowl, find myself surprisingly rooting for the Bucks, Bucks win and then I feel icky and pissy.  Find myself upset and ready to take on anyone who wants to trashtalk my Mountaineers, Most of family heads home.  Vanny and I stay one more night at my sister's.  Watch graphic violent movies,(not with Vanny) go to bed late. 

Sat:   sleep in and enjoy the sounds of  Vanny and my neice playing so well together, ready to go home, spend morning watching useless, wasteful reality tv and not able to turn channel from the Jersey Shores, watch with Mar instead of doing anything useful, like preparing to drive home, head home early afternoon,  receive a half a cow from my farmer father and the information that my husband has hid a cow's tongue wrapped up somewhere in my freezer, vow to serve it to him when I find it, spend evening playing Trivial Pursuit and drinking Pina Coladas with girlfriends.  Find out I rock in literature catergory but not entertainment.  This angers me.  We lose.  whatever.  Find out a boy called my oldest daughter to "talk" , still in disbelief over this newest development.  She didnt want to talk, so tickled about this one.

Sunday:  wake up feeling like I have been stabbed in the stomach, in a half-awake state think it must be a dream, attempt to get out of bed and feel the searing pain, cry for painpills, take pills, prepare for church, teach Sunday school lesson, actually turns out fun for all of us, care for a fussy baby, spend rest of day in bed watching movies and feeling pain and disbelief, begin to explain to oldest daughter why I need medicine all of the sudden, change subject because she is my most worrisome child and I dont want her to worry, spend time talking about boys, dating, character, oh I am so not ready for all of this.  When did my sweet, little curly haired toddler turn into a beautiful adolescent girl with boys calling?   Spend day in disbelief and anger that this pain is happening to me.   The pain feels almost as bad as when I first awoke from surgery.  schedule some therapy sessions (emotional therapy for me)  because I realize I will need them about the same time I realize that this is reality.  damn.  watch Julia movie, love it, husband takes care of kids, goes to store, cooks lunch and dinner, and does laundry.  I feel blessed but guilty that he has to take on so much.  aggravated once again that I feel helpless. 
Spend time blogging with a keyboard that is acting crazy tonight.  feel jittery, cant sleep.  Hope this next week is better than last week.

also eat an insane amount of reece cups, they do help you know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

love this, not your pain but being real. have you tried the dark chocolate reeses? love them. i can totally relate about watching some reality show. i've been an addict for mtv's real world and the challenges since they've been on and i found myself watching the new real world yesterday and wanting to catch the very end and was almost rationalizing being late to pick up afton from preschool. i ended up leaving only because i know it's mtv and they will rerun that first episode 100 times and have a marathon. i love your blog, you've been a source of comfort for me--even in your pain.
Heather Bailey

Chris said...

I haven't tried the dark chocolate reeses. I should then I wouldnt have to share, no one else in the family likes dark chocolate. I cannot believe how absorbed I was in MTV reality shows over the weekend. I watched the pregnant teen one and then Jersey shores. If my parents had not been waiting on me at my house, I probably would have watched all day!! Thanks so much for commenting. This being real thing has been a challenge at times because my natural reaction is to withdraw. I have written my emotions since I was very young, like 2nd grade but to share it is very new. I still have panic attacks after I hit publish. and I loved your travel journal blogging for your most recent Ethiopia trip!

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch West Virginia Mountaineers, i have bought tickets from
http://ticketfront.com/event/West_Virginia_Mountaineers-tickets looking forward to it.