Wednesday, July 21, 2010

woods

Feeling melancholy today. Wanting a break from my day to day life right now. I want to pack all the kids up in my super cool minivan and head to the woods, a state park, somewhere outside. Somewhere I can feel the coolness of the shade trees, the smell of damp moss-covered earth, the sound of stillness or wind rushing through leaves, and just stand where I can be encompassed by something bigger than me, than my life, than my problems. The forest and the mountains are calling out to me today. They seem to promise peace, tranquility, fun, restoration, balance, escape. All things my soul is longing for right now.

Instead I will pack my diaper bag, shuttle the girls to a sitter and take Caleb to his fourth therapy appointment this week. Later today, after therapy, maybe a quick hike on the Tiger trail. Maybe that's all I need, just a few moments in the woods.

No comments: